Friday, February 16, 2018

5 Homes in 2 Days?

We had our hands full today! God blessed us with the opportunity to provide five homes for families in need. We arrived at the village and immediately got to work. We built the houses from the ground up doing everything from foundations to roofing. It wasn't ALL work though... Of course we took time to play soccer with and paint the faces of the village kids! Everyone kept thanking us for what we were doing but in reality it was a huge blessing to be able to serve God in their community todayOur group is anxiously awaiting the dedication of the homes tomorrow when the families can officially move in! -Ethan SchaafToday our team had the opportunity to build 5 homes for families who had been living in structures made of sticks & makeshift tarps. This was definitely one of my most humbling and eye-opening experiences ever. It was amazing to see everyone come together, despite the language barrier, and complete such an outstanding task, in just one day! Not only were the families we built for extremely grateful, but the community as a whole, even those not receiving a new home. It was amazing to see God's love being spread and everyone supporting one another. I can speak for my whole team when I say, better things are yet to come! -Carly DickToday our group went to a community to build houses. This day was a really special day for me because last time I went on this trip we only built one house out of cement, today we built five houses. The children were radiating with love and laughter, just to be able to hold them and laugh with them is an indescribable feeling. 

I met this little girl named Catherine who loved to color, play fight, and look at herself on my camera. She was such a sweet girl and it just really impacted me that I was building a home for her to live in. I cannot wait to see what the rest of this trip has in store.-Emily Dew

No comments:

Post a Comment