Saturday, May 6, 2017

Baby Ryan


Today I was able to meet baby Ryan. He is 1 month and 2 weeks old. This moment is so bittersweet for me as I held this precious child of God. On one hand I was filled with joy to see such a miracle and absolutely perfect child but then on the other hand I had to face the stark reality of little Ryans life ahead.  His family of 5 live in a small hut made of mud, cow dung and straw with no ventilation, no running water and no latrine or sewage in site.  The harsh truth is that 1 out of 3 children die under the age of two in this village and I truly only have my prayers to God that Ryan would not be one of them.  As my tears of joy mix with my tears of worry and sadness I am once again reminded of why I have been called here to Uganda.  To bring Life through the message of Jesus Christ and make a difference in one child at a time in the belief that one day these odds will change and babies like Ryan have the same hope and opportunity at life that babies in the USA have.

No comments:

Post a Comment