Thursday, October 10, 2013

Old Friends


Today we visited with the family of Waldemar, a young boy that many of you prayed for. He was a 4yr old boy fatally injured in an accident here in El Salvador last year. The group spent time in the home of Waldemar's parents, praying over them and his new baby sister. Please continue to keep them in your prayers!


We also had time with an old friend! Here's a note from Jay Michael...

In 2008 I came to El Salvador on a mission trip. I was never one to have the desire to go to another country, let alone get out of my comfort zone to serve GOD on a mission trip to help anyone or orphans. Somebody else with more compassion and desire will do it. But as I get older my convictions get stronger. A very good friend had talked to me about getting involved. I didn't know why but I decided to go. I was going to "go along for the ride". When we got to the boys home, a little boy named Diego crawled into my arms looked up at me with sad eyes and said "yo tango no papa"which  means I have no father! Our bond began there. 

I went back the next year and all I wanted to do was find him again because I felt like there was unfinished business. And as he accepted JESUS in his heart I thought it was done. But I have felt like the past 4 years I had a little boy out there that still needed guidance. I had to come back and find him and continue to mentor him. As this trip got nearer I had found out he lives 3 hours away from where we are and it would not be likely to go that far for just 1 child. As we got to El Salvador and the days began I found out that were going to go to his town to see him. It was a long grueling drive but we made it and found him. We took his family to lunch and then got him some clothes and shoes. Then we dropped him off at his home. All I could do was cry with sadness. I turned to the group and thanked them from the bottom of my heart for their time and sacrifice for going because Diego is MY STARFISH! ~ Jay
 


Tomorrow we are delivering rice and beans to a squatters camp in the morning. We will be praying with destitute families, asking their worries and concerns. We will also visit the special needs adults orphanage at San Martin as well as the HIV/AIDS center for younger children. Please pray that our team may bring joy and love to the children and that they may see Him through us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment