Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day of the Child



What a day of celebration! Today all of the orphanages came together to celebrate the Day of the Child. It was a day full of food, dancing, face painting, and fun, but most of all celebrating His children!


Here is a note from Leanne Kerner...

I look back on this week and think about many things like special needs adults dancing to One Direction or making bracelets with teen moms and seeing the excitement on their faces. But the one moment that sticks out the most is holding a baby named Axel. Axel is a six week old baby born to a teen mom at Cipi who had a mowhalk and was cute as could be. They laid him in my arms and I fell in love, in that one moment I saw the real reason I am here.


Isaiah 6:8 says “ Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?”

I said, “Here I am. Send me.”

I felt a call to come on the trip and I had no idea why, when I held Axel it made sense. Holding him made me realize that he is the reason why I am here. Each child is born into a world full of hate and needs someone to show them love. This love will make the difference in what path baby’s like Axel will take.

I think about this child growing up and all of the great things he could do such as be the doctor that cures cancer or a minister that God uses to lead thousands to Christ. In order to do that he must have an influence in his life to show him that he is loved and God can use him to do amazing things.


God can also use each of us to do something amazing like help Axel grow up to be a disciple or serve in our own communities, but first we have to do what Isaiah did, we have to say “Here I am. Send me.” Be willing to step out on faith and go where God wants you to serve not just were you want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment