Sunday, November 19, 2017

Thursday, Nov 16th, 2017, Sao Paulo, Brazil


Preach. Praise. Pray. and Die.
Words of wisdom given to me when I entered into full-time ministry. The concept was that, as a minister, you must always be ready to do these things at any given moment. This week I have had the pleasure of staring each one of these challenges in the face.

Preach.
I have shared the gospel in small home. I have preached in a church without a roof. I have talked about God's plan to a group of teen boys. And I have invested in the lives of some of the most faithful servants I have ever met.


Pray.
I have walked the trash and feces infested streets while praying for broken families, drug and alcohol addicted teens, and newborn babies with mothers as young as 14 years old.
Praise.
As I prepared for this mission, I never imagined the power of a southern twang and an acoustic guitar. I have led in worship before churches, individuals, and on the street before a group of 14 grown men who were influential drug dealers.



Die.
Did I mention the drug dealers?! Words cannot express the anxiety I experienced in that moment as I knew some of those men were carrying guns and that murder is a way of life in that community. But our God is greater than any of our fears.

Preach. Pray. Praise. and Die.
                                        This week has been a practice in humility and servanthood. 
                      Words cannot express the thoughts in my mind and the brokenness of my heart.
Paul said, "Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, it is yours in Christ Jesus,”  -‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:3-5‬ ‭ESV‬‬
May we all experience the life changing power of Christ's love and a renewed mind that reflects the truth of God's plan as we are led to live according the Spirit within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment