Thursday, July 23, 2015

An Exceptional Birthday!




Today is my 14th birthday and I am very happy to be on a mission trip with my family in El Salvador. I have wanted to go on a mission trip for a long time, I really like to help other people and tell them about Jesus. My mom and dad have always told me that it's just as important to help people near home, but my sister has been to other countries on mission trips and told me about her adventure and how she helped their people and it sounded really exciting to me. This year my family decided to give up our family vacation so we could come to El Salvador instead. I'm so glad that we did. 
      Today we dedicated the house that our team built for a family here. After that we went door to door and handed out bags of food and bibles to the surrounding neighbors along with praying for them. To see how the people in that village live makes me really thankful for my life and everything God has given me but it also makes me want to help them even more. 

      After that we went and played soccer with some boys that are in an orphanage. Seeing that they have no family made me sad but also very thankful for my mom, dad, and sister. 
      The last thing we did today was to
eat dinner and then the people here made me a birthday cake and they celebrated my birthday just like I was their family. I really like our translators that I have become friends with... even though they smashed my face into my birthday cake!!!   Ha ha!!!  I will get you back Lilly and Osmaro!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment