Sunday, February 17, 2013

To the village we go!


Today's entry comes from Baylee Blackburn...

Day 2- Feb. 15, 2013
Today we threw a festival for the village kids. I was in charge of bandages. After being attacked by some band-aid thirsty, cute children, I went around and gave mothers sterilizer wipes and bandages. One woman had a baby with cuts and green puss coming out of them so I gave her a tube of antibiotic cream. 
After the festival we handed out rice and beans to families in the villages. Our last stop was an old lady (who quit counting her age “decades” ago), she took care of 5 other people and children in her house about 5ft by 10ft in size. We gave her the food and asked if there was anything she wanted us to pray for her about. She replied, “Please pray for my daughter, grandson, and my sight,” in spanish of course. She had fallen the night before because she was so blind. It hit me right then that I should give her my glasses. I let her use try them on and she kept talking about how she could see differently and everything was so clear now. She hugged me and continued on. Now we are off to make sandwiches for the homeless.








The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night. The Lord keeps watch over your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. 
-Psalms 121:5-8






(Photos provided by www.johnpaulhenry.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment