Friday, March 23, 2018

Day 5: A Roller Coaster of Emotions 

        Today was the day I had been waiting for. Quiet some time ago God laid on my heart that I was to become a nurse to care for his people. Today I had the privilege of visiting the children's cancer hospital. This was amazing for me to see the difference in the healthcare aspect, but it also allowed me to be in my element for a very short period of time. I was able to understand what they were doing to the children without having to try to break down language barriers. God put me in this field to serve his people and today I did not give medical care at the hospital, but I got to give each child a lunchbox and stuffed animal just to put a smile on their sad faces.  

         The day did not stop with the children's hospital. This week I have broke through so many walls, and have been able to pray out loud for the first time. After leaving the hospital we walked the street in front of the hospital and passed out goody bags. As we were passing out goody bags we would pray for what the family needed. This was a very heart warming experience to see each one of my peers along with the translators and myself praying for these people in need. 


To finish out the day we got to go to my favorite place. We had a luau for the people of San Martin. Special needs and children are my passion. I love being around them because the have such a positive outlook on the world even in their situation. As soon as I stepped off the bus I was greeted by 4 people who I of course got hugs from. As the afternoon continued the party gravitated toward the slip n' slide. None of the Gringos were agreeing to go down the slide and 3 people asked me to go, therefore I couldn't say no. EditI soaked my only outfit for the day for a couple races down the bowling slip n' slide although the Gringos ended up losing. This afternoon was filled with smiles, laughing, and water. My heart could not be more full today reflecting on the amount of happiness these people have and give each person. I can honestly say each of these people blessed me far beyond I ever thought possible. 

-Alyssa Yancey




No comments:

Post a Comment