Saturday, June 22, 2019

Friday with Sweet Friends...


Today was a divide and conquer kind of day. Brother Martin left the mission house early with Eric, the Sus Hijos spiritual leader, and some translators to visit a men’s prison. 



The rest of the team started out on a different adventure.  We loaded up 2 vans and 1 bus with adults, kids, wheelchairs, walkers and other assorted equipment  The excitement on those precious faces as they got on the bus was a sight to see!  We paired ourselves up, 1 adult and 1 child. We enjoyed the museum through their eyes. It was a simple place but through their eyes it was a place of wonder. The girl I was with didn’t want much to do with me when we started. If you know me that became a challenge. At our last exhibit, the Planetarium, she laid next to me with her head on my shoulder stroking my hair and me hers. As much as our hearts are filled with love for them, Jesus loves them so much more.



The next stop was States Diner for a good ole hamburger and fries. They LOVED those.  I’ve never seen burgers disappear so quickly! One girl was having her 15th birthday. We sang and had cake. She was giddy with all the attention. All too soon it was time to load up and go our separate ways. Hugs all around and shouts of Adios!  
One day I will greet those precious souls when we get to Heaven. Where they will run without walkers or wheelchairs. They will see Jesus face as clearly as I do. Their lack of understanding will be gone. Their silence will forever be shouts of Hosanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment