Saturday, March 9, 2019

Back to School & Building Houses


Today our group went to a school in El Salvador. At this school I met a boy named Melvin. Melvin and I became best friends in the short time we had together. We played games, danced, and watch the puppet show the translators performed. After the show, Melvin and I played soccer and threw a football together. We even made up a handshake. While it was sad to see him leave, I knew we had made him happy today. This is definitely a moment in my life I will never forget!
-Jackson Brannon




  Hola, soy Kirsten! I’m so happy to be part of this trip, it’s such an amazing experience already. I’m so grateful to be able to be here and help the less fortunate. Today’s events have impacted me in ways I wouldn’t have ever imagined. When we went to the school today, I saw the children’s happy faces and it made me feel so special. It was incredible giving them the most simple things, such as beans and rice, that make them ecstatic.  When we arrived to the location today where we would build the houses, we were introduced to the families we were building them for. While they were talking to us you could see how grateful they were in their faces. It was amazing to me to see how this thing we are doing for them can make them so emotional and blessed. I am so thankful to be on this trip and to be able to build a house for these families.

-Kirsten Jones




 Hola, me llama Jasmine. Today (Friday) we got to go to an elementary school. We played with them, painted faces, made shakers, had shaved ice and popcorn, and we had a puppet show. I loved spending time with the kids because they were so friendly. Even though we don’t speak the same language we had great interpreters and still a had fantastic time getting to know the kids. After we left the school, we went to the location where we were building the houses. We were introduced to the 2 families we are building the houses for. I introduced our school and students to them and explained why we came. After that I talk to Ana, who is the mom of one of the families we are building a house for. She was so so kind and happy. She said she was so happy we were here and said that she could finally sleep in peace because her son, Nelson, who is wheelchair bound, will be comfortable in the house we are building which will have a ramp for him. I feel like her and I have this great connection that her and I both felt, and I will never forget. I am so happy and grateful that I get to build a house for her and her family and can bring them peace. 
-Jasmine Meadows











No comments:

Post a Comment