Thursday, March 23, 2017

An Awesome God!

'
Hello, My name is Jana Everette. I am a nursing student at WKCTC. This trip... where do I start. Every single day I am more and more humbled and blessed. When I heard about this trip I was so excited to come here. I had no idea what to expect. All I knew was that I wanted to make a difference. Today is day 6 of our adventures. Today we took the orphanage teenagers to hike up to the top of the Santa Ana volcano.
There was one child that stuck with me in my heart. We nicknamed him Apple because of course none of us could remember his full name. 

This kid... Let me just say before this trip I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. I'm so glad I took a leap of faith and decided to come. Not to mention the rest of this week but this kid has melted my heart. I don't keep my emotions easily accessable but this kid brought out my love for kids. Let's just say I wasn't the first to the top of the volcano but when I finally made it he looked at me and gave me a thumbs up.. if he only knew how many times I wanted to stop. I am so extremely out of shape and this definitely pushed me to my limits. I told myself multiple times I'll never make it up this volcano. There were countless times that I felt like I couldn't breathe and that my heart was going to beat out of my chest. Bianca and myself did a ton of motivational talks on the way up. Without her and God I never would've made it up this volcano. At the top of the volcano it was absolutely breath taking. There are not enough words in the world to describe the sites we saw today. Our God is an Awesome and perfect God.


Going back down the volcano  was not an easy task for me I often trip over my own feet on flat ground. There were several times I lost my footing a few times Cameron reached down and grabbed my backpack to pull me back to my feet. Apple would jump ahead to stand there and help us down the rocks. Our team work as a whole was awesome. We were all going to make it up that volcano and we were all going to make it down in one piece.
When we said goodbye I couldn't help but to get a picture with Apple he was such a sweet boy and he definitely made a significant impression on my life. Just before I jumped on the bus one of the adults that brought them ran over and asked if I would take a picture with him.
I made a small impact on his life but he made a huge impact on mine. All in all it was another great day in El Salvador with many more lives touched. 








No comments:

Post a Comment