Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Least of These


In Matthew 25, the Bible says, “Whatever you did for the least of these, you did for me.”  This is my third trip with Starfish to El Salvador and after just two days I have already been on an emotional rollercoaster and felt the presence of God in so many places.  As we fed the homeless, God spoke right into my heart and reminded me why I keep coming back.  

 

As we drove along the streets handing out food, I saw many of the same kids, living in the same spot, and sniffing the same glue to curve their appetite.  It is heartbreaking to see.  Some don’t look older than 13 or 14 years old and they are on the streets all aloneIt sometimes seems so hopeless because we want to do more for them, but we are at least able to feed them and show them Christ’s love as we interact and provide a meal for them.  

 

Today was one of the most physical days of our trip; build day.  On this day, we build a house for a family in need.  The family this time consists of a mother, father and three children.  The initial work is physically draining and the team has to come together but since this is my third time here, I know the end result is so rewarding.  Words can’t describe the feelings and emotions the families experience as the home is dedicated to them.  I am very excited for tomorrow to dedicate the house to the family and experience them walking into their new home for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment